VSAFF is turning 8! (We can’t believe it, either). And as our festival continues to get bigger and better, our all-volunteer committee needs to grow, too.
VSAFF is seeking an enthusiastic, creative, and organized individual to manage and grow our digital presence while working with our awesome volunteer committee.
This is a part-time position based on 60 hours over five months (November-March). If you have experience in social media and digital marketing (and if you love South Africa, or film, or you just have a passion for cultural and non-profit events in Vancouver) we want to talk to you!
Digital Marketing Coordinator Responsibilities
- Plan and execute all digital marketing, including VSAFF.ca, e-news, Facebook and Twitter, and digital ad campaigns
- Measure and report performance of digital marketing campaigns
- Grow VSAFF’s social media presence
- Attend monthly VSAFF Committee meetings (6 total)
- Collaborate with Committee to deliver value to festival attendees, sponsors and partners
- Coordinate with the VSAFF graphic designer to roll out branding across digital platforms
- Collaborate with sponsors/partners and partner charity Education without Borders on cross-promotional campaigns
- Provide thought leadership to the Committee on the latest trends in digital marketing
- Manage VSAFF social media volunteers
- Manage the digital marketing budget
- You have a desire to have fun and help VSAFF continue to grow. You are a self-starter and a team player.
- You have experience with most or all of the following: WordPress, MailChimp, Facebook and Twitter, photo editing applications
- You are organized, creative with content, and have experience identifying target audiences and devising digital content that engages and informs
- Experience with similar events (festivals, non-profit fundraisers) is a bonus
- Experience with Facebook Ads, Google Analytics, Adwords, SEO, is bonus
- Knowledge of South Africa isn’t required but will be taken into consideration
12 hours per month for November-March, with a little extra work during the festival week/weekend.
$1,500, plus a festival pass for you plus one.
Please send résumé (one page maximum) and brief cover letter to email@example.com. Tell us why you’d be great for this role!